Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-commerce shipping in 2024

Options
  • 26-01-2024 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

back in 2018/19/20, I was producing and selling a product online, mainly shipping abroad. Not a huge amount, maybe 25-30 pieces in a normal week, all sent with an post from the post office. Back then it was quite easy to fill out some customs stickers by hand and fix them to the box, and off they go.

when Brexit kicked in, there was a lot more effort required, and post office staff had to manually input address details etc. this became a major pain and I decided to put the project on hold as I got busier with another project.

fast forward to now, I’m hoping to get back into e-commerce with a similar product, albeit a bit simpler. In that time a lot has changed in the shipping world and I’m looking to find out what is the best way to be shipping 25-30 items per week abroad. They would all be in boxes half the size of shoeboxes (approx).

is an post still the best way to go? They had just started an e-commerce shipping product when I was finishing up but it didn’t seem viable. Is there much involved with the admin of shipping such as filling out paperwork before shipping?

are there other shipping companies that would suit this quantity?

any advice would be appreciated. Thanks a million.

Advertisement