Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosy Cheeks - Any Advice?

Options
  • 25-01-2024 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello, I'm a teen male, and I have really rosy cheeks. I've had them for my entire life and it's really annoying. Even though, my cheeks are red, they redden so much more when I'm mad or blushing and it's sooo embarrassing!

My dermatologist ruled out rosacea and my blood pressure is normal. Nothing I've tried has reduced their redness, and it's making me frustrated.

Post edited by Hannibal_Smith on

Comments

Sounds like a Common Celtic skin issue, rosacea. There are laser treatments available privately through dermatologists, they are successful but need occasional top-up treatments. Rosacea is said to be influenced by the gut microbiome which has indirect effects on facial blood vessels. First port of call is to get a referral to a consultant dermatologist from your GP , get assessed to see if this is the diagnosis issue and go from there.

It’s pronounced Rose - eysha

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pikachi

I've been to dermatologist and they surprisingly said it's not rosacea! Thank you though

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Yintang

IPL treatments can help all the same- definitely worth asking your dermatologist about this.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Thanks for your post pikachi. Unfortunately posters cannot give medical advice. You should go to your GP or continue to liaise with your dermatologist with any questions you have,

Thread closed in the circumstances.

HS

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement