Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumbing American style fridge - will this work?

Options
  • 25-01-2024 8:23pm

Hi lads I just had a Samsung American style fridge delivered today and it requires plumbing to use water and ice dispenser.

Fortunately it’s standing adjacent to the washing machine so should (hopefully) be an easy job.

What I am thinking is the best way but just want to be sure, is swap out the current valve on the machines inlet and replace with a T shaped splitter valve as per the photo. I presume this is no problem to do?

The machine is fed from mains water and there’s also a sink beside it if I’d be better off to connect to the same feed as the tap? That’s my only uncertainty I assume the pipe to the washer is perfectly safe and clean water. The fridge also has a filter.

it seems easy enough but just want to be sure if I’m better off paying a plumber I will. Have always put in our dishwashers and washing machines but it’s only ever been connecting up to existing pipe work so any other important notes are appreciated. 🤣

Comments

Advertisement