Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Roof Trim Adhesive

Options
  • 25-01-2024 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hi folks..maybe there might be someone more well up on this kind of thing so I'll fire away!

Basically I had a small leak appearing under the rear seats of our car and know it's coming from the roof gutters which have those plastic/rubber trims sitting in there. The trims are not the clip on type and from manufacture just used around 50mm adhesive on each end.

So my plan is to remove as much of the old sealant as I can and then go over the cracks with some flowable silicone.

I'm not sure which product to use for this purpose,the 40g Granville Silicone from a well known nationwide retailer would be the handiest to source. While I'd imagine it would do the job in sealing off any cracks...would anyone have any experience using it to determine if it would stick the trim in place well enough??

I know people talk about tiger seal and stuff for this purpose too,but I don't want to have too much of a nightmare if I need to remove the piece again down the line.

Image below for reference on the piece I'm referring to

Any input would be appreciated!

Comments

Advertisement