Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recorded a other channel sky Q

Options
  • 25-01-2024 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭

As per title. I was able to record Now 70s on my Sky Q mini box. This was not intentional and I’ve no idea how, but it does show this functionality is available but blocked purposely by Sky.

I mostly use the Sky Q for 80s music, though MTV 80s isn’t as good as Now 80s. Very few if any music channels on Sky here anymore.

hopefully someone on here could figure it out how this happened

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Now 70's moved to 11582 H 22000 5/6 DVB-S QPSK

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

The inability to record manually tuned channels is a feature, not a bug, Sky has never pretended any different. Afaik they’d rather Manual Tuning wasn’t there at all but apparently it is a requirement to put a DVB-S badge on the equipment.

But functionality wise, I’m not sure how you could have managed it. You wouldn’t have been able to set a record using the EPG. I guess you could have hit record while viewing the channel but that shouldn’t work either. The only think I can think of is that I think these channels were once upon a time on the Irish EPG and that might have effected things?

Advertisement