Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Panasonic TH42PZ81b - looking for the DTT SD card fix files and info.

Options
  • 24-01-2024 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hello. I have an old Panasonic Plasma TH42PZ81b which still works fine for FreeSat. It did have an SD card fix to allow it to receive Irish DTT (from 3Rock, I think, since I’m in Dublin 6). But at some stage I lost that tuning option, maybe because of a power down or a retune. I have some old files which seem to have been posted on boards.ie allowing an SD card to fix the DTT tuning issue with a ‘hotel.pwd’ file and some other files. 

Back then there were boards.ie experts like STB, Watty, and TomDub who posted regularly about the issue and how to fix it. But this is back in 2009 or thereabouts so I’m not sure if they would still work or exactly how to use the files. Does anyone by any chance have a working set of files to fix that DTT issue and instructions on how to apply the fix with an SD card? 

And does the size of the SD card make a difference. Looking at the Panasonic manual it suggests that using the SD card for photo playback the SD card should be 4GB. So will I have to save the ‘PZ81 Fix Files’ to an SD card of 4GB or less? I hope someone can help. Thanks!

Advertisement