Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting in contact with taxi driver

Options
  • 24-01-2024 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

So I was on one of the diverted flights on Sunday to land in Shannon. Supposed to land in Cork. When we arrived there were no buses available so we were told to make our own way home and keep the receipt and Ryanair will reimburse you. Ordered my taxi on the Uber app to bring me home and the taxi arrived very quickly.

When I got in he asked me would I mind cancelling it on the app and pay him direct because Uber take so much off of him for the trip. I said once I get a receipt that's fine. Long story short, I got the receipt from the card machine with all of his details but Ryanair need a VAT itemised receipt. Not sure if he was trying to pull a fast one because I asked him for another receipt with more details but he said the card receipt would do.

Is there any way of finding him to get another receipt? I wouldn't mind claiming my €270 back! Bottom of the card receipt had Cabs Direct- is that a taxi company in the Limerick/Clare area does anyone know. I've tried the number with different area codes but nothing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,972 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Taxi fares aren't liable for VAT so the fare receipt will not show VAT. On this basis I don't know why Ryanair need a VAT itemised receipt.

Perhaps they mean a receipt with the plate number, times etc. Does the receipt show this?

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Yeah the receipt has everything on it. License number, plate number, times, distance. I've sent that to them so I don't know what I'll do.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

That's all you'd get from a taxi receipt. I assume you mean it was printed from the printer connected to the meter rather than the card machine.

As above advise them there’s no such thing available and to please let you know when your money will be paid as per the agreement.

sounds like either the person dealing with it is clueless or they are following a script.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

I think it's Ryanair you need to talk to, did communication from Ryanair specify you needed to use an app or show start and finish of the journey ?

Push them on this, you know the way they go on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Thanks guys. I’ve tried to explain to the girl that I’m dealing with that that’s all I can get but as you say she’s reading off a script I’d say. She’s saying if I want to go further I can complain to the dispute resolution crowd. I might try someone different next week.

ah here I say worth a shot give a ring up and ask to speak to the department supervisor tbh

Advertisement