Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Van insurance

Options
  • 23-01-2024 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Im trying to get insurance for a car van - Citroen Berlingo - as a sole trader for my start up business selling sports accessories and equipment for cycling. I said ‘business development’ as my profession but they won’t accept this as it is not in the recommended trade profession for commercial van insurance. (Plumber, carpenter, farmer, etc) What profession can I use? I am a designer by occupation but branching into something g new. This is so frustrating 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ any advice would be MUCH APPRECIATED

I’ve also just returned to Ireland after living abroad for a number of years so my No Claims isn’t valid anymore.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,181 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Sales should give some options like "Sales - Field Sales", "Sales - On The Road", "Sales - Office Based".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

You have asked /posted the same question on 5 threads ..?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

They insuremyvan.ie doesn't matter what profession you have. Just say you want to carry bikes in the back

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ellieMC1234

Really hoping to get some advice !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭con747

Self employed or sales but if driving for a living while selling be sure to put an accurate mileage estimate on the form.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement