Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bosch Dishwasher SMS40CO2GB/04

Options
  • 23-01-2024 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Despite electrical power being available to the control board/module, the unit fails to give any kind of response to the on/off switch. I suspect that there is a problem with the control board/module. Two versions are available: Part # 00655487 (not programmed) for € 204.70 or Part # 00656028 (programmed) for €245.64. Programming seems to require Bosch's proprietary" “iService” Customer Service software LM II". Seems to me to be a bit of a rip off. Besides, we are encouraged to repair rather than replace. Yet, a single item used for repair cost nearly 50% of the price of a new machine!! Any thoughts/observations/suggestions? Anyone got a usable programmed used Part # 00656028?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

If you look in eBay you will find a guy in Cumbria Uk doing a pcb repair for most of the boards for c65 euro, it’s little in comparison to buying a new pcb which you shouldn’t even consider, check the heating element which is part of the circulation pump that it is ok , it might have brought down the pcb

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Darcon

Thanks Red Ace.

I've just had an expert diagnosis which concluded that the issue is the main control board. The replacement cost....€330. It's disgraceful how organisations like Bosch allow replacement items such as this to be sold for what is effectively 50% of the price of a new machine (never mind the call out fee of €90) when we are encouraged to repair. I think that this: https://www.qualityelectronicrepairs.co.uk/ is the repair person you are referencing. The attachments are from his website. Note that a repair is £55. Some information on repair from the EU here https://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/press-room/20231117IPR12211/new-eu-rules-encouraging-consumers-to-repair-devices-over-replacing-them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

your screen shot is of the place I referenced, forget about fixing it and wasting money it has ran its life, saying that if you had come on here a week earlier I had a machine with good pcb that I sent to recycling as the circulation pump was faulty, they don’t last like the ones of moons ago that went on forever but then I didn’t get much work from those ones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Gooser14

When was the dishwasher purchased? If it's less than 6 years old you might still be able to take a case against the supplier (the shop you purchased the item from) under your consumer rights. Have a look at ccpc.ie for information on your consumer rights.

Thanks Red Ace. Pity I missed that used board.

• Advertisement

Thanks Gooser14. Machine is about 10 so no question of consumer rights as you suggested.

Advertisement