Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting an existing expansion pipe through a new water tank lid

Options
  • 23-01-2024 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello all. I bought a lid for my cold water storage tank, however the existing 22mm expansion pipe (over it) needs now to be routed through the lid. My question is, will installing a 22mm compression flanged tank connector into the lid and connecting to it do the job, or will water from the expansion pipe when passing through the flanged tank connector potentially run down the underside of the lid and out over the sides of the tank? Apologies if this is a stupid question, i'm no plumber obviously.

Cheers in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭whizbang

Just drill a 24mm hole in the lid, about 100mm back towards the riser direction, and bend the pipe by hand until its 1 or 2 cm below the lid.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,928 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

The expansion pipe will shake violently and spray everywhere. Definitely add it the pipe so it goes into the lid but not long enough to touch the water in the tank

Advertisement