Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone to make a prototype of a small bag

Options
  • 23-01-2024 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Im looking to make a small bag for a particular market.

Before i go do this i'd love to get a few prototypes made up and i've no idea where to go. If anyone have any advice where to go to or if they would be interested in taking it on at home. Its only a small job but ive not idea where to turn to.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

What material, rough sizes, uses? Pockets? What way would you like to close it? Zips, velcro, laces, straps, hardware?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Clubman

I have drawings made of the product with all the measurements. It's roughly 14cm H, 8cm W.

The material would be waterproof, but for the prototype it doesn't matter too much. Zip for the moment but I'd like to try a few other options.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Do you need it to be sturdy to protect it (e.g. leather/"pleather" material) or just to cover it (e.g. like a light waterproof fabric, similar to a drawstring bag)?

There are tons of tutorials on youtube, by the way.

Post edited by New Home on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭wandererz

You need protypes made up.

What kind of prototype?

In what format?

Do you have a design?

What will the eventual product be made of?

Look at freelancer.com, etsy.com, 3D design & builder websites

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Clubman

I am just looking to see what the prototype looks like before i send it off to be made.

I have the designs made up, i just don't have the ability to make it no matter how many youtube videos i look at lol

The product will be made of rPet or some thing similar.

I thought somebody with a skill set might look to earn a few bob off me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement