Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda Kodiaq Volkswagen pcp finance.

Options
  • 22-01-2024 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭

Hi I’m due my new Kodiaq next week and the finance manager rang to say it would be arriving at some stage this week and mentioned about uploading documents to a portal. He never said what the portal was. Has anyone used it and is it the typical proof of id, address and pps number? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd imagine it will be to upload standard documents required when taking out a loan like proof of earnings (payslip), bank statements, utility bills from your current address, proof of PPS number (P60 or tax credits statement from Revenue), etc.

Best to ring the dealer tomorrow and get clarification.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Cork2021

Yeah I’d assume that. I never had to give bank statements in my previous two pcps so I’ll ring just to make sure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Here is the portal I used for my Kodiaq PCP: https://customerportal.vwfs.ie/

Thanks, I’ve access to that for my Karoq. Was just looking to see has anyone used the new system for uploading documents

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭TheShow

Legislation changed in the last year or two where PCPs were not properly covered under CPC and other consumer protections, which meant that lenders or in this case car finance companies didn't have to actually prove that you have sufficient repayment capacity to afford the car finance. Now that requirement is there so they will look for the extra info etc to satisfy CBI regulations.

• Advertisement

Thanks.

rang the dealership and he mentioned only 2 forms of proof of address, proof of income, pps number and your identification would need to be uploaded. i got my credit report today as a matter of interest because I wanted to see if my mortgage applications were on it, we didn’t go through with the sale of our house or buying a new one.

the pcp agreement was on it from when I went to order it in October… did they do the checks then?? I’m worried because the loan applications for the mortgage are on the report but we won’t be using them. We got approved for mortgages off two banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,281 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

So they ordered and delivered the car to the dealer without confirming the finance. Seems an odd carry in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,815 ✭✭✭Alkers

I did give some basic detail like updated mortgage payments what my salary is now, loans etc when we met in October. I’m a customer already with ŠKODA for 5 years. I got approved for the new pcp there and then he said. Car was delivered yesterday I think.

It shouldn’t be. Seems late in the day anyway to be asking for documents when the car is physically there now. Plus I don’t know how being a customer already works with them. No payments missed in 5 years etc!

• Advertisement

Just an update,

got all the car details today for changing my insurance for collection Tuesday.

scrive is the system VW use for signing of the contract now. That’s all I had to do and supply my proof of address, pps, and ID.

finance was sorted previously when the car was ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,281 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Did they look for payslips or bank statements or any proof of income throughout the process. I realise you are coming off a previous finance deal also.

No nothing at all, I assume they do the credit check with prior info from my previous pcps, this will be the 3rd one with VW bank

Advertisement