Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCI Stingers from 10/22

Options
  • 22-01-2024 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi lads, looking to get a box of CCI .22 Stingers for foxes around some of my permissions, just wondering if anyone has any experience shooting them from a 10/22 or any other recommendations. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭slipperyox

Get a proper fox calibre. It's not humane, often enough, otherwise.

A 22 magnum minimun, and sensible ranges.

I found the stingers had very poor accuracy in my 10/22

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭BSA International

Shot a lot of foxes with a .22lr using subsonics and CCI Velocitors our to 100m. Shot placement is VITAL. Best to go for head/shoulder shots. If I was in ANY doubt about making a good shot I'd let the fox go.

Forget Stingers, especially in a 10/22. Try CCI Velocitor or RWS high velocity, another great round.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ExtractorSpring72

I see lots of conflict over .22 for foxes. And you’re right it’s not the best for them but I want to have a box of something that is capable of taking down the fox just Incase anyone has an issue with one. Wont be going around looking for any.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ExtractorSpring72

I’ll try pick up a box of either see what I can get. So would you say stick with the high velocity rather than subsonic?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭BSA International

I've shot them with both in bolt actions & 10/22.

Velocitor and high velocity will have a different zero to a subsonic, especially at distance.

For Summer I'd have subs zeroed and only use them on bunnies or any foxes I'd meet. In winter I'd zero on Velocitors and hunt foxes only.

Hard enough to switch from subs to Velocitors without actually changing zero although newer dialable scopes might make it easier?

• Advertisement
Advertisement