Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constellation [Apple TV]

Options
  • 22-01-2024 4:49pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Sci-Fi thriller starring Naomi Rapace; certainly looks like a good trailer, the story seeming both mysterious and reality-bending. Coming February 21.

The only unbelievable thing is Rapace's weird accent; sounds kinda her own, but also like she's putting on an English accent too?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,563 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

it drops on February the 21st.

Could be interesting.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DexterMorgansGhost

Thread already there 6 posts below this one

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Threads merged.

Ms

So far it has not been great.

So the commander Paul Lancaster dies because he gets his arm stuck in between two cupboard doors basically lol and somehow that leads to cardiac arrest lol. Give me a break. Who wrote this? it's terrible.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Talk about getting your facts wrong.

The little girl is talking to her Daddy and says,

That nobody has not ever come back from space before which is wrong. The 7 Astranauts of the Space Shuttle Colombia in 2003 never made it back from space as their shuttle burned up in the atmosphere.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Solid enough start as a first episode go, suggesting much of the tone or theme of the thing might be based on Noomi Rapace's slipping sense of reality; and there were a few solid "what's that about?" moments that tip towards a larger conspiracy - possibly between Jonathan Banks' character and the lady from the 12 Monkeys show.

Already caught a couple of strong confirmations that perhaps it involves:

parallel universes or some such, given at the start the little girl didn't understand her mum's Swedish, then later when we dialled the clock back they were both chatting in Swedish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

Thought the first 3 episodes were ok, looks amazing as expected and LOADS of Apple product placement throughout!

Can understand why Jo and some others that have been to space are hallucinating, but why did her daughter hallucinate in the chopper?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,020 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

1. She's a little girl.

2. She says Esa flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,020 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Only watched the first ep but my first thought is the ussr astronaut is the Irene character.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭blackbox

I've watched 3 episodes and I think I'll give up on it.

Very slow moving. Characters aren't very interesting.

PS I'm a sci-fi fan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,250 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Interesting enough, so two parallel universes and they've slipped in to the other one, thinking Henry has moved to the one Jo is from

But I'm not sure if we are even being shown the same universe all the time. Would be 100% on Irene being the dead cosmonaut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

Have to say, I'm quite enjoying this one so far. I think that there may be three universes though? I got the impression for some reason that Henrys one is separate to Jo's? Maybe I've got this wrong, but I'm presuming that whenever they split they begin to diverge, so that's why Henry's life is quite different on the other side due to the length of time, whereas Jo has only split for a few weeks (or days) so things are still quite similar.

Interested in seeing where it goes with this anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,438 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

This one is a struggle...as in I'm struggling to figure it all out and it's making me feel stupid! It's quite enjoyable so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It's interesting enough but it's taking a long time for it to get where it's going to.

The Alices will be in a rubber room instead of a wardrobe by the end unless they go through the back of the wardrobe to Narnia.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Watched a couple more episodes: i think it thinks its premise is more mysterious than it actually is, or else I'm too steeped in SciFi and whatnot that I picked up the thing quick enough. I'm not bored and I like the tension and characters, but there's a bit of withholding for the sake of drama...

... where it's clearly a mix of quantum physics, and the whole alternative universe thing going on.

But the show doesn't seem to want to say it just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,250 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

So after watching the whole series and basically no payoff - just watch the next season for no answers - kinda Lost (in space)

Don't think I'll bother with a second season if it gets renewed

It looks like there were two "Alices" in real life, both played by Davina and Rosie Coleman who are identical twins. 😀

I think they both had the right facial expressions for the role.

That gives me pause. I kinda hate shows who peg themselves on a season 2 and resolve nothing. If Apple cancels it anytime soon I'll be disinclined to finish it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,438 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Think that was one of the worst finales I've ever watched, very disappointing after such a promising start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

I must be in the minority but I really enjoyed it. Will definitely watch a second season if it happens.

• Advertisement

There were two Fisher Price cassette machines until one of them melted in the cabin fire yet there were two in use after. There was no scene of anyone buying another one in the local toy store.😛

Bud/Henry Caldera swapped "universes" presumably due to one of them going to sleep on the freezing landscape and presumably having a near death experience. Perhaps this is how people end up back where they're supposed to be?

Yes, I don't know what the moaning is about, it was good enough. 😛

I'm enjoying it too, though like I said it's not as clever a show as it thinks it is. It possibly came out a few too many years after the whole multiverse idea became quite commonplace. And Noomi Rapace's performance has been pretty solidly unhinged.

Advertisement