Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on these e-bikes?

Options
  • 22-01-2024 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,803 ✭✭✭✭

Some robbing fuckers got in and stole my beloved e-bike a couple of weeks ago. Looks like the insurance will pay out, so I'm shopping around for a new one.

The previous one was a fold-up Hercules, but I want to get a full-size bike this time.

Two options that I've tested were

and

Any of you knowledgeable cyclists out there have an opinion, good or bad, on them? The Hercules isn't quite as comfortable to ride (but it's a helluva lot more comfortable than the fold-up one), and the Moustache feels a lot twitchier to steer (but that might be just because I was so used to the fold-up which had a damper spring on the steering).

Hercules has the barrel gears on the handlebar (similar to the Dublin Bikes, sorry don't know the proper term for it), Moustache has the lever gear controls - is one better or worse than the other?

There's also €600 in the difference, which might make the difference in comfort irrelevant at the end of the day!

I thought I wouldn't mind a crossbar bike, but actually having tested one I decided I want a step-through.

Any other options out there I should consider?

Thanks in advance for any info/advice!

Comments

Advertisement