Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any thoughts on this prosecution....... and how it reflects on the justice system?

Options
  • 22-01-2024 2:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

Just bearing in mind, that scrote that tortured and poured boiling water over a woman, held her captive with his scrote pal etc, walked free.

Not only did he walk free, he flipped off and cussed out the media whilst leaving the court.

This guy, was given 15 months.

Zero priors, gainfully employed.

Read the details as to why.

This is why I've always gone over and above to avoid ANYTHING that could in any, even the most trivial way, get me jammed up with the justice system.

You just never know.

I'm not saying what the guy in that article did was right........... but Jebus, 15 months?

In physics we trust....

Post edited by HildaOgdenx on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Sugar_Rush

I hate to say it but, that's one case I would have actually liked to see Judge Martin Nolan preside over.

Being notorious for passing stupidly light sentences for in some cases, horrific crimes;

As they say, even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Maybe the combination of Nolan and case like this, the justice system could have got something right for a change.

In physics we trust....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

His mistake was admitting guilt and confirming her account of events. Otherwise this likely wouldn’t even have made it to the courts.

I'll agree he could absolutely have worded it such to preclude culpability, no doubt.

Who among us hasn't rubbed up against a woman in the night?

It's called "initiating".

Regardless, even with the wording as it is, this is absolutely stomach turning.

No media outcry about it, I didn't even see it mentioned until very recently and the sentencing was passed in 2022.

Curious whether the convicted has been released yet?

In physics we trust....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I agree with you and I believe most people will. We have started to criminalise natural human behaviour because the sensitivities of people who perceive themselves to be victims take priority. At least in this case.

Justice department and their winning ways.

I wish to focus on the OP case but, just another reflection of the

1) incompetence or

2) corruption

At play in the "justice" system.

In physics we trust....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Mod - Looks like same / very similar thread was started in Legal Discussion by OP.

Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement