Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best cao course

Options
  • 22-01-2024 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

Hi

Daughter looking at cao courses. Hope to do accountancy eventually. Aiming for 600 point range. Thinking of business and Spanish in TCD or international commerce (Spanish) in UCD. Anyone any thoughts on these courses? Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

It does not really matter what she studies at college so long as she delivers consistent good marks. Personally I advise kids to study anything but business subjects in college, there will be more than enough time for that afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭DubCount

If accountancy is the final goal, then I'd concentrate on what courses provide the post exemptions to the professional accountancy exams (ACA, ACCA etc). Personally, I like BComm in UCD (only 3 years) followed by MAcc in UCD.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

College should broaden the mind not narrow and concentrate it. There is a lot more to life that accounting and a broad education gives a better foundation for a successful business career.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭lbunnae

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭DubCount

Broad minded Accountants 🤣

I've been looking to be one of those for years !!

No education is wasted. 100% agree. All skills you learn along the way are relevant to whatever career you choose. Accountancy Exams are brutal however, and getting through as much as possible before you starting doing them while holding down a full time job is well worth it IMHO.

• Advertisement
Advertisement