Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SWA cable

Options
  • 21-01-2024 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭

I have a 3 core swa cable outside for outside lights. I have a double switch inside the house one part of the switch is connected to this swa cable the other one is blank.

Do I only have control over outside lights with the one single switch or can the second switch be wired to control other outside lights off the same SWA cable?

I'm thinking no but maybe there's a way around it?

The reason I ask is I would like to control the lawn lights with once switch and the wall lights off the other switch. The way it is, I think I may only be able to operate both set of lights off just one same switch.

See picture. The left switch has the connection to the swa cable. The other switch has nothing connected to it

Comments

Advertisement