Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Meter Box Blew Off The Wall

Options
  • 21-01-2024 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

My gas meter box just blew off the wall thanks to Storm Isha. A neighbour knocked on the door and gave it to me. I’m wondering can I try to refit it? Do I need a new one? Should I contact some regulated person? I am not sure what to do next. The problem now that my gas meter is now fully exposed beside my front door to the elements and anyone walking by. Any advice appreciated.

Post edited by 2011 on

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Phone gas networks for advice.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,962 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

The box is gone, or the door of the box is gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Golfwidow

The whole box, intact, came off the wall and blew down the street. The gusts of wind were particularly bad at the time. The house is built 21 years. This has not happened before. A neighbour picked it up, saw that it had come off my wall and gave it to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Just place it back on. Lift it above meter, just tight to wall and slide it down. You will feel it catching hold. It'll be grand

Thanks,

I’ll give it a try in the morning and hope for the best! 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭RetroEncabulator

Gas Networks Ireland will replace it quite rapidly if it's broken btw. Just ring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Agree ring the Gas Networks as you dont know if other damage was done.

I appreciate all the advice. I will try to slide it back on for temporary protection as I don’t like the idea of the meter being exposed but, I will also ask Gas Networks about getting it repaired. Thanks all 👍

Advertisement