Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer Swift 3 - won't charge (again)

Options
  • 21-01-2024 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I bought a laptop for my son in Sept 2022. It was a good spec, cost me 800 euro after student discount. The laptop was used for college work until May or June 2023, after which it sat unused for a few months. In August, I was unable to charge it. It was dead: no light, no sound. Tried both the Acer charger and a USB-C charger that he used on the go.

I raised the issue with Acer, sent it for inspection, and they said it would cost 800 euro to repair. When I pointed out that it was still under warranty, they repaired it for free. When we received it after repair, it was dead, just like before. It wouldn't charge, neither with the Acer charger, nor with USB-C. Sent it back again, and they sent it with a piece of paper that says "No fault found". Then, they say the device has been cleaned, bios has been re-flashed, and system software has been recovered.

When it came back the second time, in October, it worked. So, it was once again used for college work until the Christmas break. One month later, and I can't charge the damn thing. Same as before: plugging in the charger doesn't elicit a response. There's an LED that should light up when charging, and it doesn't!

I tried the battery reset procedure, I tried 3 different chargers (including the one provided by Acer), nothing works. I can call Acer again, but I suspect they will just say it's out of warranty.

Any ideas what else I can try before I give up?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

I gather you attempted to leave it on charge for over night.

Advertisement