Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Trickle Charger

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Miscreant

That is what is commonly known as a "granny cable". Uses a standard socket and will output about 2.4KW which will take a long time to charge the car depending on battery size. They're also not recommended for long term use as they put a strain on the house/socket wiring. They are more for using in an emergency or visiting somewhere that does not have a dedicated charger installed.

Do you have an issue with installing a home charger? It would charge the car 3 times quicker and does not cause issues with your car battery (if that is what you are concerned about).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Also,.did your vehicle not come with one. It generally should have...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,924 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

No

The charger that goes from the car to the charge points

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 40,924 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Found it!!!!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Happens to the best of us.

My wife called up the garage complaining about her missing granny cable. They were very apologetic and told her to spin up for one.

Then a day or two later she opened the frunk.

• Advertisement
Advertisement