Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clon Brugh Aikens Village Stepaside

Options
  • 20-01-2024 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hello, thinking of buying an apartment in this complex

On my viewing it looks solid enough and kept well and not too busy with good parking

Does anyone have an experience with this block & things like noise from adjoining apartments or any issues good or bad that might be relevant to deciding to buy there

Thanks

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Clon Brugh is a bit more built up and busier and slightly noisier than Grianan Fidh or Cluain Shee. However those 3 of the original builds are generally in smaller blocks, a better mix of houses and apartments and pretty well built. Better option than the bigger new blocks, although apts generally slightly smaller, but better dual and triple aspects. You’ll see the kitchen on all the ones sold are still the original German ones coming up on 20 years later. Good bus, ok LUAS access, clon brugh probably slightly the wrong end for either, but it’s only 5 mins extra walk. Great school and playground options, good accces to the mountains, Wicklow etc and decent local food and pubs in Stepaside and Sandyford. Decent shops at belearmine and good coffee, butchers and small shop at lambs cross. Good access to dundrum also.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I live in Cluain Shee.

The communal hallway in our block isn’t in great condition but then the family downstairs have several animals. It is a bit isolated. Takes the best of an hour to get to town on public transport, but I go to Dundrum mostly. The 47 bus stops across from the shopping centre but isn’t very frequent. The LUAS is about 1km walk away.

Advertisement