Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laochra Gael 2024

Options
  • 20-01-2024 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭

new series begins next Thursday

Programme 1: Richie Power, 9.30pm, Thursday 25th January  

Programme 2: Tony Scullion, 9.30pm, Thursday 1st February

Programme 3: Lindsay Peat, 9.30pm, Thursday 8th February

Programme 4: Tony Griffin, 9.30pm, Thursday 15th February

Programme 5: Alan Kerins, 9.30pm, Thursday 22rd February

Programme 6: Pat Critchley, 9.30pm, Thursday 29th February

Programme 7: Ciara Gaynor, 9.30pm, Thursday 7th March

Programme 8: Kevin Hughes, 9.30pm, Thursday 14th March

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Is that the bottom of a barrel I hear being scraped?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

All the droolers on Social Media hyping the series up. I swear they are all asked to promote it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,486 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Looks like a decent list to me - Lindsay Peat will be very interesting, and Kevin Hughes.

I'd love to see them cover Handball with it at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Ciara Gaynor qualified for the ironman world triathlon championships recently.  3.8k for the swim, 180kms on the bike, and 42kms of a run. Absolute beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭I see sheep

I had to google 3 of them tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,131 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

What's wrong with hearing or seeing the stories of some new people?

It isn't TMZ after all, trying to get the biggest celebrities, I thought it was supposed to be stories from real people in the game? We already know enough about the likes of Cooper or Micheal Murphy, so I'm quite interested to hear about Kerins and Hughes instead. There could be some very interesting things that happened there that we never hear about because they don't have the profile of the so called superstars.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

There's only one name on that list I wouldn't be familiar with. Huge names in the GAA. And a lot for more than the right reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tallaghtjoe

Im enjoying this series so far. I like the surprise of different elements of a persons life that I didnt know beforehand. I knew very little about Tony Scullion and I had heard about Alan Kerins work in SA, but didnt realise it was to the extent that it is, and also the emotional rollercoaster with their little child.

Last nights episode was very emotional. I know Pat, he is a great man and only shows encouragement and positivity in his coaching.

He was my PE teacher in school and coach in football, hurling and basketball. He brought the school from having zero physical activity to winning trophys. (I wasnt on any of those teams 😟) I dont think there is a person that would say anything negitive about him. The hurling accident very much effected him, and probably with very little supports at the time. A very humble man that wants to help others more so than himself. Very much a team player.

Also, no footage could be found of 1985? Leinster Final!

I dont really know the people in the next two shows, so looking forward to them.

Advertisement