Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powerwashing house and roof etc Wexford

Options
  • 20-01-2024 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi all,

Looking to get house pressure cleaned / powerwashed.

its a big job, roof and house exterior (including chimney) and gutters and fascia boards etc, the whole shebang. Fairly big 4 bed 2 story detached house, very tall house too so i don’t fancy taking it on myself.

Lot of green algae stuff needs removing. House was only painted 2 years ago so just needs algae removed from top to bottom.

Can anyone recommend someone reliable please? I found websites but rather get a recommendation.

Ideally i’d like to get two quotes and probably get the job done start of march.

Location is near adamstown, wexford.

Thanks in advance!!

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭MakersMark

Roof should be brushed down, not jet washed.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,250 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I concur. The risk is that water gets forced through a joint and enters the roof space or damages the roof for further ingress.

You might be better off waiting for drier / warmer weather. The problem with power washing is that it forces water into the brick / plaster and it remains permanently damp, perpetuating the algae problem. Consider grit blasting instead of power washing, especially for an older property with lots of layers of plaint.

Make sure the roof gutters are clean and not leaking. You can get meshes that cover them to keep out leaves and other debris. Retrofitting this might be slightly difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭DRedSky

Same company do this if i get the right one or separate job for a separate crowd ya reckon?

Same question for the grit blasting Victor mentioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭MakersMark

There are a lot of cowboys out there!

Some will have a lad walking g on the roof with the power washer

I had a lot of work done to my roof, including new gutters, flashing etc.

The cost for just the scaffold was 7 k.

I had them brush the roof down while they had the scaffold up.

Advertisement