Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graham Norton-last one laughing ireland- prime

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,800 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I’m half way through it and it’s definatly funny! Enjoyable watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Yeah they all impressed me in different ways 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭downtheroad

I just watched the first episode. Honestly, an ingrown toenail is more amusing.

Will not be wasting any more time on this muck. 10 "comedians" and I didn't as much smirk in half an hour.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Watched one episode and don't think I'll bother with any more. It was not a problem for me not to laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭mobby

watched the first episode and found it woeful. gave up 5min into the second. The only good thing I can say is, that I would have won the 50 grand as i didn't smile don't mind laugh once. Comedy me arse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

On paper the format sounds fun. But I seen the auussie and canda version and stop watching after a couple of espiodes. It gets old fast.

I stuck with this one as know some of the people involved.

I don't know how to make the format better as there's something in it. Surprised they did an Irish version first before an English one.

I laughed quite regularly 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭downtheroad

Genuinely curious what you laughed at in episode 1?

McSavage putting beans in his pocket?

Emma Doran asking about "ridin"?

That embarrassing pin the clitoris on the vagina set piece?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

e-claires accessories got a chuckle out of me to be fair :D

I didn't laugh at any of the above but i got a few belly laughs somewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,800 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Tony cantwell dressed as the cat gave me a right lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Big_Evil

Wasnt terrible overall but needs work - I've watched the other versions of it and the Irish version seems to have adjusted the format somewhat.

Surprisingly, the German version of this is quite funny!

Felt a bit rushed in the end - overall, OK start - not sure if there will be another series next year but lets see

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

such varying views on this

For me it was interesting just seeing comedians interacting , I enjoyed the experiment

I ventured over to the Canadian version to see what it was like, cheese sandwiches 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Field east

Saw all episodes to date. I find it a bit contrived. The contrived laugh out of Norton and the two who have been ‘thrown out’ to date is a bit much. They would laugh at anything. I am beginning to lose interest in it. I find Amy Huberman out of her depth and very boring

• Registered Users Posts: 5 twistermista

i found watching them interesting, there are a lot of people at the participants and though it’s was very hit and miss, I think this is the booking people’s fault rather than the clear diversity of talent put against eachother. For example Tony Cantwell and Martin Angolo or Ashling Bea and Amy Huberman…there’s no comedic competition there whatsoever in my opinion. 

is it real comedy? Or is it just scratching that itch of needing to be the centre of attention and admired.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,250 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Absolute trash - puerile 8 year old kids humour, fake farting, covering your face in rubber bands,.... - really?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

It was reasonably funny if you know you're going to watching something that's pretty dumb. The only thing is, a lot of the time the comedians were kicked out when they really weren't laughing at all. On the Oz one, you would see them cracking up or trying to stifle a smile. Deirdre O'Kane was constantly smirking and she wasn't kicked out for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭animalinside

I thought it was great for what it was but not sure I want another series. I came in skeptical especially as I don't really like standup comedy, then it got kind of funny when they started trying to make each other laugh, and over time it started to drag a bit.

Advertisement