Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPURS

Options
  • 20-01-2024 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭

With the view to refreshing or confirming my electrical knowledge (recently of 3 phase electricity out of pure interest). I have been looking at many very informative videos on youtube. One of the people who does informative videos has a series of videos under the name "Learn Electric", in particular one titled "SPURS on SPURS Extending circuits". While that chap is UK based, I was a bit surprised to see how he mentions SPURS on SPURS and even shows how they allow multiple SPURS on SPURS (with an FCU) and cables down to 1.5mm and all that seemingly even have this off each socket.

I thought the reason SPURs here were only (open to correction) allowed as one per circuit was to limit the potential for overloading the cable supplying power.

I appreciate the guy is on the UK and their regulations differ, but surely the same technical limitations occur. I get that an FCU fuse should blow.

What is the reason for limiting SPURS here? I thought it was to prevent overloading

Advertisement