Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP 2024 Season

Options
  • 19-01-2024 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭

The wait is nearly over ;

The unveiling of #93 Marc Marquez and #73 Alex Marquez Gresini Ducatis kicks off the pre season launches this Saturday January 20th.

Lots of intrigue around the sponsors of the team and Marcs potential personal sponsors.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭XsApollo

i still think Marc is head and shoulders above anybody else on that grid and I think he will win the title.

Quartararo would be next if he had a bike capable.

Acosta is the one that could come to Marc’s level, not this year tho.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Argentina just pulled from the calendar, no replacement. Hmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭geotrig

Think marc looks very rigid on the Ducati so far(I know its only testing ), Years of honda habits to get out of his system yet ! both yamaha and honda looked ok from testing if not yet on par with with the ducatis,hate the look of the front end of the Ducati's compared to the others.

The repsol logo being so far down on the honda and the lack of orange is interesting in the Honda.

I think it looks great, looks similar to the darker repair colours before they put in the white ,I might be in the minority tho

• Advertisement

no agree, I really like it I just didn't expect such a change from them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

Do ye watch it using the Dorna Videopass? I usually subscribe but I'm hesitating this year. I had a lot of issues with it last season, choppy video quality, the app overhaul which seemed to make things worse. Matt Birt's commentary grates on me too, used to like him, but he's insufferable these days.

I've got access to TNT Sports (former BT Sports) and the coverage on that is really good.

Yea the coverage on TNT is better, I had video pass last year as I don’t really watch tv and the flexibility of watching the race when I want is what I need.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭legrand

Maybe just old age and may get used to it but struggled with new WSBK rules (time limited pit stop). Really throws a cat amongst the pigeons. Fair play to Iannone in race 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭tomhammer..

Today is the big day

Top 4 maybe for Marquez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭sleepysniper

Anyone know what the story is with watching it via the Discovery+ app? It has MotoGP listed under the sports section but nothing showing up other than a line of text saying "All Full Event Replay". Is it going to be shown afterwards or something? VPN to the UK version showing a lot more in terms of content i.e. videos, preview shows etc. but the app won't allow me to watch this way.

Had the video pass last few years but when I heard it was going to go onto Discovery+ and that can be had for €6.99 per month, I didn't renew VP at €139.99 and now they are looking for €159.99!

Post edited by sleepysniper on

Spot on, great to have Marc back at the front.

Acosta is looking the business too, great to watch. If those 2 are at the front then it’s going to be a great season, with Martin in the mix too.

Pecco is great too but doesn’t get the blood racing for me.

On this subject, I see mine renewed automatically, I was going to renew it anyway.

but I didn’t get any email, any receipt or any mail my subscription was about to end and/or going to renew.

only I logged on yesterday to watch the Practices I wouldn’t have known.

Sprint: Interesting to see the field split in two (classes). Hope that's not the form for rest of season.

Marquez is up there on pace

It'll be all up from here if he doesn't push too hard

Hodgson is a bit of a dose

More noticeable this year . I'll have to switch channel for this.

I’m watching on the website and the commentators ain’t great either.

He never stops blabbing

Laverty and Guintoli are good with the technical side as they're involved

Even that can get a bit much when it goes on and on about tyres

Suppose in fairness they have to fill the time

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭jonnreeks

WSBK - Grande Prémio Tissot de Portugal - 22nd - 24th March

MotoGP - Mar Circuit de Barcelona - Catalunya - 22nd - 24th March

We will be spoiled for motorsport this coming weekend with both divisions in action.

The main times for both races over the weekend to watch as they don't clash, on Eurosport & TNT Sports TV.

WSBK Race 1 on Saturday @ 13.00

MotoGP Sprint Race on Saturday @ 15.00

WSBK Superpole Sprint race on Sunday @ 10.00

MotoGP Race on Sunday @ 13.00

WSBK Race 2 on Sunday @ 14.00

Great weekend of Racing!

😋

I had to double check my ticket there as I just landed in Portugal for the MotoGP :-P :-D

but yes hopefully a great weekend of racing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

Can be a small bit but he's miles better than Matt Birt over on the world feed/VideoPass.

fairly sure I Saw motogp is on ITV3/4 the weekend as well , so free to air for all !

Here’s my rental car after a bit of overnight rain.

I think it rained last night also, so the track might be dusty this morning again.

i can see why they are complaining about track conditions, the pics don’t do the layer of dust that is on the car after it rains justice, every car here is the same .

What a cracker of a race, so much drama and a fitting win!

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭drury..

A lot more exciting with Marquez and Acosta fighting for podium places now

Acosta is amazing the progress after a few races

Mark is doing what mark does , he's fast

Advertisement