Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf courses in Portugal

Options
  • 19-01-2024 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Heading to Albufeira in July and looking at getting a round or 2 in. Does anyone have experience playing courses around those parts ? Would love to play the best out there 👍 thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,758 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

In the search there are a good few threads on Portugal already..some good info on there..

In general you get what you pay for and you kind of have to consider your own needs ..style of course , quality wise and budget.

I genuinely find courses in mid to lower level in that area ..only ok quality wise...

But about 4 threads about Portugal..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,758 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Concerned2

Victoria is nice. I think it was the venue Padraig Harrington won his last European tour event on. The only other high end course I've played on out there is the Old course and that one is only ok , not really worth the green fees imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

The Quinta De Lago courses are well worth a visit. The Faldo Course too, but was a tough course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Vila Sol and Pinhal two good courses

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭S_D

Thanks guys. Looking at Quinta south perhaps while I’m there. Some other nice suggestions too

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭thewobbler

Quinta South is wonderful.

Palmares would be a very similar distance from Albufeira, except heading west. It is glorious golf too.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭S_D

Nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

Pinhal is one of the best value courses in the Algarve with plenty of Trees and some Water but a great challenge.

Other good Courses are Pinta and Gramacho well worh a visit. Mourgado is up in the lower mountains not far from Portimao. It's quite open but a good challengevery hilly if Walking. Salgados is a links course along the Ocean. It's flat and a good challenge.

Another of my favourites is Quinta Da Ria in the Eastern Algarve near Tavira. It has the best par 3 and possibly the best par 5 I've played anywhere.

Real risk and reward holes. The par 3 is along the Coast and depending on the day and wind you have to hit out over the Ocean for it to come back onto the Green. I just love that Coarse.

Quinte Da Vale Also Eastern Algarve, A Sevy Course is also a lovely course where you have to think your way around.

Plenty to choose from though.

Advertisement