Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning 3 bed home to 2 separate living areas

Options
  • 19-01-2024 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Myself and my wife have been separated for over a year now (amicably I am glad to say) but remain living in our home.

With rentals being very scarce and expensive a friend of my wife's, who is an architect, has suggested putting a kitchenette upstairs in place of an ensuite bathroom and walk in wardrobe while making the downstairs sitting room a bedroom.

There would be no change to the entrance , Electricity, water and gas would remain as one setup.

We have 2 teens who would be able to come and go Through both floors.

Apart from plumbing and electrics the only 'work' needing doing is the removal of a partition wall that currently separates the main bedroom from the ensuite and wardrobe that would be the kitchen area.

Question i have iisdo we need planning permission to make upstairs and downstairs of a 3 bedroom home into two separate living spaces?

And has anyone done anything like this before?

TIA

Comments

Advertisement