Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land registry "For Further Attention" status

Options
  • 19-01-2024 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hoping someone has an insight as to what the "For Further Attention" status usually means on a land registry submission. I'm currently sale agreed on a property but the seller has decided they want to wait until the land registry complete the mapping application. The submission was to make the back garden larger, as they own the land on multiple properties. Their solicitor has already asked for the application to be expedited but that was 2 months ago now.

Does "For Further Attention" mean the application was not approved and something needs to be changed? Is there anything I can do other than wait it out? Seems like it can take years in some cases.

The Land Registry site only mentions "For Further Attention: Used when dealing has been assessed and where no other status is applicable"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dig all

You need to ring the land registry and ask how long will it take . I've seen it go on for 3 year in some cases. And more in others, sometimes they can leave things like that and not do anything if there's a hold up on your side or other side. I'd find out what's causing the delay and do whatever to speed it up .

• Registered Users Posts: 15 dotsie123

Do they take calls from the public asking about a submission?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dig all

As long as it's your folio and you are the registered owner, they will talk to you over the phone. From what I gather you are the buyer and they will not discuss over the phone with you. You need to get your solicitor to phone land registry and ask has the new map been submitted for transfer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Has the vendor signbed the contract yet? If not he is likely stalling to see if he can shat you when the dealing is complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 dotsie123

Yeah the vendor has not signed the contract yet @Clawhammer

• Advertisement
Advertisement