Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Romayo's Blanchardstown

Options
  • 19-01-2024 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hadn't been in a while but recently went in for a bag of chips and I nearly fell over at the price of €4 A Small Tub of Curry Sauce was 2.50

I picked up a menu from the counter and had a browse through it. I just think it's got fierce expensive. €4.20 for a spice burger. You can buy 4 of them for €3 in Tesco.

€4 for 6 chicken nuggets thats not even breast of chicken

Listen I know there is an overhead and all of that but their prices have got shockin high. I don't mind paying for gourmet food but I always saw this spot as tasty, good quality, reasonably prized and cheerful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cheddar Bob

Another recent thread here showed you're not the only one.

They're overpriced.

They're everywhere in the area - an area of circa 100k wants diversity of chippers, not five of the same fcuking brand. Two across the road from each other in the village is just taking the piss.

They're not even that good. They do a nice quarter pounder, their southern fried chicken is decent and their chicken burger is to die for (the special sauce, oof), but

• their chips are simply not chipper standard chips, according to one poster here they arrive frozen. Chipper chips are not chips unless they're cut fresh instore or very soon before delivery, and never frozen
    • they are the scabbiest bastards with pizza toppings and adding an extra one or two costs an arm and a leg
    • their kebab wraps collapse in your hands soon as you touch them

Bar the chicken and the odd quarter pounder I've no time for them. They seem to do quite well with teenagers seeing as unlike most chippers you can sit in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Last time i ordered from Romayos i got a cheeseburger that looked like someone smashed two digestive biscuits together and dipped it in a deepfat fryer. Absolutely f**king rank.

Guilios is a bit better for quality and a lot better for price, they close early though.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Glossy1

Always go Guilios, much better food and portions...

Advertisement