Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A2W Heat Pump - High Bill

Options
  • 19-01-2024 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi there,

We have Panasonic A2W heat pump in our new build. We have UFH downstairs and rads upstairs.

We have been religious about keeping the stats set at 21. We never touch them to increase or decrease the temp. The house is 220sq/m

Our bills have been out of control lately.

Sept - €250

Oct - €320

Nov - €430

Dec - €437 

Jan - is tracking for €580.

This is through Electric Ireland with a smart meter.

Heating obviously being the biggest culprit

I checked the system this morning

Consumption: 1.8kW

Generation: 6.0kW

COP: 3.33

Hot water set to 42 degrees.

I do appreciate that we're living in times where bills are expected to be high but these seem to be unusually high.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 prf

Have a good read of renewable energy forum ,heat pumps .very helpful people on there

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Latro

Go to the control unit of your heat pump and turn it off.

Then: Menu (the 3 bars button) --> Installer setup --> Operation setup --> Heat --> Water temp. for heating ON.

Here, check if it is set for "Compensation curve" or "Direct" and report back.

If it set for Compensation curve report back what values are set on vertical Y axis and horizontal X axis.

Post edited by Latro on

• Registered Users Posts: 34 stiophan

You do realise that power prices have gone up? Research has shown that most heat pumps need fine tuning and few get it done post install. I would ask the heat pump maker for some top recommended service installers and then get someone out at see if the installer did it correctly and is it running as it should. Many heat pumps generate log files that can show any installer how the pump is working every day which might be of great use in advance of any callout.

Advertisement