Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

State Exams and studen with T1 Diabetes.

Options
  • 18-01-2024 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Hi Folks

Son is recently diagnosed T1 and will be sitting his Mock junior cert next week. The school are putting him in a smaller room with another lad who has T1 and a few of the special needs students which is all fine. He wears a Libre 2 sensor to monitor his glucose levels and as a result has to have his phone close by, we have estimated about 6feet. The school have said that the supervisor will keep the 2 lads phone on his desk and monitor them as this is the state exam protocol for such things.

Asking if any parents on here have had kids through the state exams wearing these sensors and how the monitoring was managed.

I can imagine given the nature of the exams/stress etc the glucose levels would need to managed well.

Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ambera52

Hi, my daughter has same T1 and age group, and i think once the phone is connected to wifi and near by small distance like upstairs and downstairs of a house space is fine no worries for me

Advertisement