Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with potential new build

Options
  • 18-01-2024 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

1. What is your budget? €1500

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Almost entirely gaming with a small bit of Kodi/MS Office/Streaming etc

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No, no spare parts

5. Do you need a monitor? No

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.] No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No

8. How can you pay? PayPal/Debit Card/Revolut/Credit Card

9. When are you purchasing? As soon as possible

I'm looking to build a new PC to go with my LG c3. It will almost entirely be used for gaming. Here is what I have picked so far: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/gFKq7R

I would appreciate it if someone could offer advice or better components as I'm new to PC gaming and building. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,701 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You could drop CPU to Ryzen 7600 and upgrade GPU to RX 7800 XT.

Also I'd go for 2TB SSD now.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭eltoastero

As others have said dropping from a 7800X3D to a 7600 will save you a lot (it's about half the price on amazon right now). It will have more than enough grunt to match the 6750 XT you've paired with it.

How much can you get a 6750 XT for? I was trying to build something very similar to yours but the MSI 6750 XT I planned for was going to be slightly too big for my case (given my choice of CPU cooler, which i suppose i could change), and I started looking at the 7700XT & 7800XT as the Sapphire and Reference models (also Sapphire built) are actually smaller than the 6750XT I'd planned to use. The 6750 XT was around £370 (€436) but I found the 7700XT for €470 and 7800 XT for €535 on amazon.de. Knowing I had to put in another €35 anyway for the 7700 XT (that would fit) I was willing to just to go all the way to a 7800 XT for the longevity.

Anyway, my point is go for the 7600 CPU and if that gives you another €200+ to spend elsewhere (or save) I think it will be a good choice. The 6750 XT is a fine card from the research I've done, it should be able to game well at 1440p

Advertisement