Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning Law Solicitor

Options
  • 18-01-2024 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a local solicitor that is up to speed on part 8 planning law? The arrogance of some of these council people is incredible!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

you will need a barrister I would think. Solicitor is only like a GP

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Squidvicious

My first port of call would be a planning consultant. Try Peter Thomson - 086 819 6856. He's Kilkenny based though he used to have an office in Waterford.

The last poster is correct that a barrister might be useful depending on the exact nature of your query. However, you can't consult a barrister directly, it must be done by contacting a solicitor first(just as you normally can't get to a consultant without going to a GP first). Mind you, not wishing to be negative but I think that you'll do well if you succeed in beating the Council. They have very strong powers and it's not easy stop them if they want to do something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

Thanks, only saw this now.

Yeah, I am getting that they can do what they want alright. Going to see what I can do anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 corollake35

If you have the time and money to invest, fire ahead. But I'd say you will meet a brick wall. Everything will be shot down, unless you're a party to a compulsory purchase order.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Sounds like you need a TD

• Advertisement

Can you outline Any more details about the/your issue…..?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Flow Motion

Bung em a few quid and bob's yer Uncle! Result in the post. What a beautifully lil corrupt country we are eh?

Still would like to hear a bit more detail about your issue…..as said above trying to stop/beat a state body is difficult but not impossible…..I take it you have ‘deep pockets’ which allow you to scratch your knees as well as engage in ‘pocket pool’….🤣

Advertisement