Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pvr hard drive recorders, what,s available?

Options
  • 18-01-2024 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi from a new member in New zealand.

I was a tv tech in Ireland and UK many years ago but am now retired in NZ.

I am very up to date with all the technology here in NZ but woefully out of touch with Ireland and the UK.

An elderly non techy relative in the Uk has asked me to recommend a simple terrestrial tv recorder that would be simple for him to set up and use.

He has no internet or broadband and is not interested in having any , not interested in usb recording either. He just wants to press a button and record his favourite programs when he goes out to the pub.

If he lived here in NZ I could set him up easily, lots of choices at reasonable cost . under $NZ200. or about 100 Quid.

Searching online irish and Uk retailers brings up dozens of boxes which seem to retail at 200 to 500 pounds.

Is it really that expensive to get a simple dtt pvr box , any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭swoofer

Get this one on ebay but check feeedback, its best option.

Humax FVP-5000T Freeview Play Recorder

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Stillnotworking

Would that work with Saorview also? i.e. could record between both Saorview and Freesat? Or what box would you recommend?

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭swoofer

This box is only for terrestial only, SOARVIEW = FREEVIEW not satellite. Best box for SAORVIEW and freesat WHICH i prefer to call FREE TO AIR SATELLITE channels is a Zgemma h7s but a bit tricky to et up. look on satellite thread for the guide.

Advertisement