Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The New Look - AppleTV+

Options
  • 17-01-2024 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,291 ✭✭✭✭

One hell of an all star cast for this one.

Ben Mendelsohn, Juliette Binoche, Maisie Williams, John Malkovich, Emily Mortimer & Glen Close

Set against the World War II Nazi occupation of Paris, “The New Look” focuses on the pivotal moment in the 20th century when the French city led the world back to life through its fashion icon Christian Dior. As Dior rises to prominence with his groundbreaking, iconic imprint of beauty and influence, Chanel’s reign as the world’s most famous fashion designer is put into jeopardy. The interwoven saga follows the surprising stories of Dior’s contemporaries and rivals from Chanel to Pierre Balmain, Cristóbal Balenciaga and more; and, provides a stunning view into the atelier, designs and clothing created by Christian Dior through collaboration with the House of Dior.

Starts February 14th.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

While The New Look celebrates the birth of two of the most recognized and revered houses of fashion, the creators also took special care in crafting the perfect soundtrack to accompany it. Jack Antonoff is the man responsible for composing the track list that blends popular tunes from the mid-twentieth century with notable performers of today. Included in the lineup of musicians who contributed to the series are Matt Healy of The 1975Florence WelchBleachersNick CaveLana Del ReyBeabadoobee, and Perfume Genius, just to name a few.

I am so in, fashion, music and Ben Mendelsohn

• Registered Users Posts: 60,291 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Coco Chanel's work with the Nazi's will part of this.

An inside look before it debuts next week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Anyone watching this? Watched the first 2 episodes last night, it's pretty good apart from the dodge French accents in some parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Yes I am, I find it quite good.

I think it's a bit odd that French Juliette Binoche playing French CoCo Chanel doesn't have a particularly strong French accent. She sounds more like an English woman trying to do a French accent poorly. She's fantastic in it though as is John Malkovich. Not so hot on Ben Mendelsohn portrayal of Dior though, I just find him a bit irritating for some reason.

I was delighted to see a big name actress I'm a fan of join the cast in E8 I think it was. Malkovich I'm sure will be glad to have a liaison with her once again after all these years!

Post edited by AllForIt on

Advertisement