Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA advice for Mature student

Options
  • 17-01-2024 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All

First time posting so apologies if on wrong thread.. Looking for some insight into ACCA...

Background is I completed ATI back in 2015 (& placed 3rd in Ireland) and now want to progress to ACCA. I should have continued my studies years ago but life got in the way (kids etc!). Im 38 now and have been in a Finance position with the same company for over 15 years. My new boss is encouraging me to go back to qualify as he thinks id be well able to complete the course and on completion id have a big promotion at work to Financial Controller.

I'm just trying to gauge the hours of study required for the modules - I had a great study routine doing the ATI but I had no kids back then.

Did anyone who progressed find a major jump going from ATI to ACCA ? I would plan to only take one module per 3 month term to ease myself back in but still looking for an indication of the study time required / expected at this level.

I would plan to do Law first based on advice on other posts here also - given its been a while since the ATI i reckon id need to revise that first before attempting Tax.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated (incl what colleges you would recommend?) as I have been thinking about this non stop for weeks and getting nowhere!!

Advertisement