Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Auris Hybrid 12v Battery

Options
  • 17-01-2024 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭

I have a 2012 Auris Hybrid where I think the 12v battery is at the end of its life. Car won't start if not driven for a few days and looking at the 12v battery in the boot, it looks like it could be the original that came with the car.

I can't seem to source a battery in Ireland online. I've been quoted €250 from the dealer which seems high. Any other options or is that the price of them. Original battery is a Yuasa S46B24R. Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

I got one for a 2017 Auris for €184 from a main dealer about 6 month's ago, try a few different motor factors, some quotes were the same as the dealer's, others were up to €280

• Registered Users Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Thanks for the reply, would dealers tend to be the same price or is it worth ringing a few?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Leisure batteries are usually high quality and last longer and hence a price with a jaw dropping down.

No harm ringing around as you have your reg and a battery number to quote or Google on laptop?

Winter is the time where that batteries die.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,474 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd be inclined to go with the main dealer battery, with the battery being in the boot there's a vent hole in the battery that you connect a small hose to release the build up of hazardous gases from within the boot to prevent explosion, this may or may not be in the same place on a non Toyota battery leading to problems getting the fitting right, new battery also needs to support stop/start so options may be limited.

There should be a date stamped on the top of the existing battery of DDMMYY, if it's the original it will end with either 11 or 12 for 2012 car, look at it this way if the original lasted 12 years the 2nd battery should last until end of life of the car and be a plus if selling.

Post edited by Atlantic Dawn on

Advertisement