Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horstmann channel plus to Tado Smart Thermostat - Urgent Wiring Help

Options
  • 16-01-2024 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hello, My home has Horstmann channel plus h37xl. It's old and the buttons have stopped working.

To replace it, I have bought Tado Wireless Smart Thermostat V3+. Setting up internet gateway and smart thermostat was easy. I am now trying to setup programmer (failed once) and need help with wiring.

Horstmann programmer has N, L, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. Currently wires are in N, L, 1, 2, 4, 6.

Tado has N, L, CH COM, CH NC, CH NO, HW COM, HW NC, HW NO, Down Arrow Sign, P1, P2.

CH is for central heating. HW is for Hot water. P is for parking.

I tried N in N. L in L. 1 in CH COM. 2 in CH NO. 4 in HW COM and 6 in HW NO. But Tado programmer didn't even show power light.

Currently have 3 zones (2 x Heating, Hot Water). Can live with 2 zones (Heating, Hot Water).

Really need someone to suggest which wire should go where. It will be a great help! God Bless!

Post edited by Info_Seeker on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Edit: Am editing post a lot as I look at wiring.

Look through the wiring diagram with the Tado programmer.

There should be 2 short purple wires in the box.

Bridge purple wire from L to CH COM and then CH COM to HW COM with other purple wire

Disconnect the first wire on left, that's ground & move to connection left of parking P1. Then move blue to N and brown to L.

Do you have 3 zones? Hot water, downstairs & upstairs heating? Tado only supports 2 zones without some creative wiring.

You could might get both heating working together & HW.

Both light and dark brown to CH NO and blue to HW NO as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Info_Seeker

Thanks @ongarite. I will try this.

Just to be sure, Horstmann to Tado:

N (yellow) to Down Arrow

L (blue) to N

1 (brown) to L

2 and 4 (light brown) to CH NO

6 (blue) to HW NO

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Yes plus the 2 purple wires supplied by Tado.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Info_Seeker

Advertisement