Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving back to the public sector (HEO/AP)

Options
  • 15-01-2024 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I'm hoping to take the plunge in the near future back into the public service after a long time away. Coming from the private sector my current job (which I've had for a number of years) would be a mixture of HEO and AP in terms of range of responsibility and skillset, as in HEO would be a bit of a step backwards and AP would be a bit of a step up. Obviously my career goals and wallet say AP is the level to focus my job-hunting at, but I have an interview for a HEO role next week. I'm curious for those in the public service would it be better to take the HEO and hope AP came up once I was in the door, or hold out and aim for AP as an external hire? It's so long since I was in the civil service that I don't remember if external-hire APs were rare or the norm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭durthacht

I'm not in the public sector so can't advise on your main question, but I do know they are working through an AP competition now which expires in October 2024, so I imagine a new AP competition will happen in late Spring or early Summer this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

There's an open AP competition running until Jan 29th in DCEDIY, through Staffline.

Advertisement