Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would new third party modem help?

Options
  • 15-01-2024 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭

Hi

So i moved into a house a few doors from my parents about 3 years ago. I got Sky with Siro Fibre broadband installed. From the outset the wifi connection kept dropping. Sky customer service didnt seem to care and just kept telling me to try change different channels as other neighbours might be on same channel. I had tried this without success so got transferred to cancellations and finally they sent me a new sky modem which fixed the issue for good.

However, i have since moved back into my Dads house recently and they always had issues with wifi dropping. They got a sky booster but it makes little difference.

Sky may or may not have sent me a replacement modem and are unable to confirm. They are saying the current modem is working fine.

As i heard all same from them back in my own house, im still of the thinking a better or new modem would fix the issue.

Can anybody confirm they experienced similar and if i buy a new modem might it fix the issue?

What features or what modem would suffice?

Just need it for work on laptop for myself and partner, netflix and occasional xbox.

Ideally i need to be able to get wifi in the attic but i used to live in the attic in my parents house for 20 years and generally was no wifi issues.

Im not understanding how its advertised how great speeds fibre to the home is but broadband in my home seems less realiable than the old copper broadband used to be???

Advertisement