Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crown for front tooth - worth going North?

Options
  • 15-01-2024 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,150 ✭✭✭✭

Mrs Sleepy had crowns fitted on her front teeth years ago and one of them broke a while back. At the time she didn't seem to have any interest in getting it fixed but would like to get the crown replaced now.

There seems to be fairly wild variation in the advertised costs of getting a crown in Dublin. I assume a lot of this is down to the types of crown being offered and whether the full costs of the treatment are being included (x-ray etc).

I know when I needed a root canal, the price difference between here and Northern Ireland was significant enough to warrant driving North, wondering if it's the same for a crown?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Assuming you used your phone to post this thread, surely you could use the same device to check prices in the North, and then assess if the travel is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,150 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Well that's a less than helpful response.

As mentioned in the OP, I was looking for other's experience since the prices listed on sites (both North and South) are unclear as to what's involved. Some appear to be "all in" pricing whereas others appear to be elements of what will make up the final bill....

Advertisement