Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterproof (not resistant) running jacket

Options
  • 15-01-2024 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Morning all,

Looking for advice re a decent Waterproof running jacket (not in black!). Have tried a few water resistant ones and they annoy me when the water eventually seeps in. All recommendations appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭Trampas

What type of running and how long time wise you will be out for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Apologies for hijacking, but this would also be of interest to me. Have tried a few different jackets, but to no avail. Usually hour long-ish runs, want something light but waterproof. Any recommendations appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Anything with goretex active material. Not cheap, but a good investment. Waterproof and highly breathable. My own (Patagonia ) is over 10yrs old and still keeps me dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭Trampas

For an hour I wouldn’t bother buying a jacket. Long sleeve top would do. Even a base layer. Especially if just running around the roads. If heading off trail on the hills or mountains then I’d be looking at a jacket

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

I use INOV8 STORMSHELL FULL ZIP V2 JACKET - SS24. Motivation has not been great on the cold rain days and this does the trick. I find that it is breathable but if you sweat a lot it will get wet in the inside. I don't overheat in it. Great for an 1-2 hr run. review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhhf-98AP8k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Stillnotworking

Thanks all for the recommendations, its mostly the 1 hour long runs, I ended up going to Runzone and getting a Proviz waterproof jacket. Tried it out last weekend and seemed ok, but if that changes, I'll be looking at the other recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 chuckles1

Advertisement