Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring photos direct from iPhone 14 Pro Max to external HDD

Options
  • 14-01-2024 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not too au fait with iPhone, so just want to be sure this is possible...

Can you connect the following device directly to the iPhone and transfer photos stored on the phone over easily?

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/product/B08DQR63JS/

The description implies it's fine, but my brief experience with the iphone and trying to remove photos from it using my Windows PC was a nightmare, so perhaps this device is the solution

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭ablelocks

something like that would work, and i got a similar sandisk device. But then discovered that transferring by lightning to USB-C direct to the laptop worked. Transferring lightning to usb-a never worked (for bulk transfer)

edit : also, if you've been uploading your photos to icloud, i believe Apple have made it easier to download from icloud to your laptop or external hdd. but haven't had a chance to check myself yet - it's on my list of stuff to do this week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Yeah we're looking for a solution without relying on iCloud as it's for usage in a remote location with crap/no internet

So this device should be ok to remove images from the phone to clear up space?

Advertisement