Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CH Control Valve operation

Options
  • 14-01-2024 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Mod 2 bed terraced house. OFCH. Closed system.

Down stairs. 3 rads.

Upstairs. 4 rads (2 beds, 1 bath , 1 en-suite) + HW cyl.

Ref attached photos. I can't figure our how the valves are controlled ( Typ Myson Power Extra). Elect supply to each vv. but I cant see from where they get an operating signal.

There are no sensors anywhere in the house. Not even a room stat. Rad T is controlled by the boiler stat.

( Photo ) CV1 is on the feed to the HW cyl. Putting the slider on cv1 to MAN allows 2 rads upstairs to heat.

(Photo) CV2 is downstairs on a manifold. Not sure if it's supply or return. MAN position seems to control other 2 rads up stairs. I might be wrong.!

Not my house. Just helping a neighbour out. Boiler had gone out on HT . I reset it and then checked around and found no pressure showing on the water gauge. Filled it up and bled the rads. Running fine now but the occupant doesn't know how these valves control the circuits.

Any help welcome.

Advertisement