Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have I busted a RGB Header

Options
  • 14-01-2024 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭

Was tidying up cables on my PC after upgrading to a 7900 XTX

There is an RGB connector 3 pin ( | | _ | ) on the card so that it can sync to the motherboard RGB. I connected it all up, verified it worked and powered off the PC to tidy up the cables.

I had "unplugged" (or so I thought the header to route it neatly at the back) but I'd forgotten about the cable when I powered the PC back on.

Anyway I routed the it with the PC on as I wasnt gonna plug it in (BIG MISTAKE) I touched the terminal on the cable that I thought wasn't plugged in off 3 pin connecter and the RGB lights on the card came on for a second in some weird colour. Powered off and fixed it all up.

RGB does not work off that header now to the graphics card. (I have another header on the board that I can try). The lights do work on the graphics card though and can be controlled by Sapphire Trixx but it doesn't receive signal from the board.

Have I **ked it or is there some fail safe that needs to be manually reset

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Having read online, It's very likely the RGB header is busted but there's no way to test.

I'm reading also that I'm extremely lucky I didn't bust board....

#lessonlearned

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,079 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

To clarify, when you touched the pins, you bridged the 5V line into the signal lines instead?

I don't know, It was like less that 1 second. Was feeling with my hands and wasn't looking at what I was doing (I believe the word is idiocy)

Did some more testing on this thisevening.

It's the RGB header on the graphics card that's busted... Brand new... FFS the tickness of me.

I have another led strip that I used to test on the other headers and cable

Advertisement