Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting the softeners/salt level for Electrolux KEQB7300L

Options
  • 14-01-2024 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

I'm in Cork City where the water is very soft so I need to set the salt usage level way down. The manual explains all this, with tables for the setting, but fails completely to say where to make the adjustment (no mention anywhere of what knob, dial, or setting buttons). Does anyone know where the setting can be made?

(Related: the manual also talks about rinse aid settings, also also fails the same way to say where the settings can be adjusted.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭frisket

BTW Yes, I have sent Electrolux a message via their web site, but I have no idea if they ever read those "emails".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RetroEncabulator

Seems like the manual is missing a page or a section. There’s usually an option in a settings mode which isn’t always very intuitive on dishwashers as it’s only ever set up once. Usually involves hiding down buttons and sequences of flashing lights, as most don’t have full text displays

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

If the water is soft in your area you could give the salt a miss, as a general rule of thumb a fill of rinse aid will last 90 washes or three months, the rinse aid does two jobs , primarily it puts a shine on the dishes but it also helps the dishes to shed water for drying

They did indeed reply, but basically said RTFM. So I did — for the nth time — and finally found the location. "Settings" I knew, but ti look like they had reversed the order of the subsections, so the bit about how to enter Settings mode came after the explanation of the settings themselves, and after the bit about how to navigate. When you finally grasp it, it works, but they need to spend that extra 10¢ on a better display, and they need to rewrite the FM.

If you're in a softwater area, you really shouldn't need to bother much with the resin filters, and especially not if you're using multi-function tablets.

They're very useful however in hardwater areas.

• Advertisement

Exactly. but the water-testing company I called claimed that Cork was a hard water area, which is complete rubbish.

Anyway, I set the machine to minimum salt and minimum rinse-aid, and it's doing perfectly.

Yeah I keep seeing Cork mentioned as hard water area and it absolutely isn’t. No lime scale at all.

Advertisement