Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I just booked a 2 week holiday on the dole. What do I need to tell the dole?

Options
  • 14-01-2024 2:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

I got laid off (happy new year) and am now on Job Seekers Benefit. I have about 11 years worth of PRSI stamps - non stop working like a motherfucker for the last decade.

I just bought a flight to a nice beach town for a couple of weeks . Do I need to notify the dole that I'm going on holidays?

I will only miss one payment in the post office. Then I'll be back the week after.

Do I need to tell them I'm on holidays?

Or... Can I come back from holidays and say "oh sorry I was sick as **** the last week, can you give me last week's payment?"

Basically .... the dole & holidays.... How does it work?

Post edited by JupiterKid on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,275 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes you notify them via MyWelfare website, they then will have the double amount waiting when you return. I believe it's 2 weeks per year you can have.

Post edited by Atlantic Dawn on

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Green Peter

Welcome to funderland, stay on the ride and milk it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Mod:-

I just closed a troll thread.

JK

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement