Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OK for combi boiler to go into upstairsBATHROOM--after old standard boiler cupboard will be removed?

Options
  • 13-01-2024 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all, need your help.

I'm planning to get a combi boiler (fed off attic water tank & pump) to replace standard gas boiler system. It will serve 2 showers, one up, one down but not at same time. My current standard boiler system is +30 years old but still works fine but will be removed from its existing bathroom cupboard that backs onto an outer wall on one side and a bath on the other. Are there/what are the (if any) restrictions around putting the combi into the same cupboard (which will be rebuilt) in my upstairs bathroom on the interior of the outside wall? It's right below the attic water tank & where pump will go. The old gas standard boiler has been there since 1980s with no issues. I could also move the bathtub to another wall giving at least a meter distance from cupboard. The cupboard is also c. 2.5 -3m from toilet & sink. In this position the steam flue would go out the back wall (which the standard boiler currently does) and the boiler would also have fairly easy access to any downward waster pipes if necessary. Some folks have said you can't have a combi in a bathroom but the BAXI booklet doesn't seem to say that. Any help would be appreciated. Plumbers are giving me different points of view AND I cannot find the Ireland Regs online. If anyone can point me in the direction, that would be appreciated too. Many thanks, Joie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 joiedelivre

Accidentally hit send before finishing TOPIC! I want to put the combi into a cupboard where old boiler cupboard used to be, so still in the upstairs bathroom cupboard that used to house a standard boiler & with direct pipe access to attic water tank/pump above & kitchen directly below are.

Advertisement